Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming

Today we started filming our commercial project, and we were advertising Gatorade. Since I play soccer, we decided to incorporate it into the video to help project our Gatorade message. Before we went out, we reviewed our storyboard to make sure we had everything we needed to complete the filming process. We did, so we got our pass and walked out the classroom to first change and then head out to the soccer field. I changed into my sisters old FLHS soccer jersey that was the uniform for our games, so it was perfect. I put on a jersey, shorts, shin guards, socks, and cleats. I also brought a ball from home so we could use it for our video. Ben, a person in my group, brought 4 gatorades because we were going to need more than one clip, hence the 4 bottles. Last but not least Adriana, another person in my group, brought her phone: an iPhone 11 Pro. This phone has the most amazing camera quality, and we were able to use many different perspectives to shoot our film.

So for the actually making of the video, I for one got a LOT of exercise. For the first part of the commercial, I will be seen doing cool tricks with the soccer ball. Since we had to do retake after retake, I found myself to be pretty sweaty and tired by the end of all our clips. As the video continues, I dribble down the field before stopping, inhaling, and then taking a shot into the soccer goal. Ben will be the goalie in the soccer net as he dives to the side, missing the ball. Then, the POV switches to the back of the net, where my shot swishes against the net. After that, the camera is fixed on a wet Gatorade bottle (to add affect), when I come walking up from the side of the field. I grab hold of the Gatorade bottle and open it. We are later going to add a voice over that will have the noise of the Gatorade bottle opening, so it’s clear. I then bring the bottle to my lips and take a nice long sip. We are deciding if that will be the end, or if we will add anything else on Monday, which is our last day of filming.

While filming, there were many difficulties we had to overcome that we didn’t think about beforehand. First of all, there were many other kids on the field, doing the same as us. A lot of other people forgot their supplies, which included a soccer ball, which we had. We ended up having to share the goal with another group, but it turned out to be okay in the end. Also, while filming we noticed the wind was very strong and we knew it would show up on the video. We made the decision to voiceover the whole video, so the audio would be clear. We ended up having a very good time doing all of this because we had MULTIPLE hilarious bloopers that we are definitely going to make a collage of when we are finished with our commercial. For a sneak peak, I’ll tell you one of the bloopers. When we doing the retakes of me shooting into the net, I shot the ball to where Adriana was holding the camera right behind the net. This also happened to be the same spot in which ben was standing as goalie. As I shot the ball, Ben didn’t have enough reaction time so it hit him smack in the face. He was okay in the end, but I felt horrible. But you know, all is fixed with a bottle of Gatorade ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment