Thursday, March 19, 2020

Actual Reshoot

So today (thursday) I actual did the retakes I needed for my video. Some were to replace scenes that were unnecessary. Most however were to replace the bad acting my sister was guilty of. It was another fun experience because some of the retakes my mom had to take. She loves acting and shooting and she was making it a really funny experience. She was the one who played the hand that grabbed Kellys leg in the beginning, and wouldn’t stop making it as dramatic as she could. It was hilarious and we had to get multiple retakes because of the amount of laughter bloopers there was. It was a good time and it made the video much better. It was more choppy before because the scenes wouldn’t flow together. So, we fixed that as well by taking more shots that would happen directly after the scene before. The reshooting messed up a lot of the titles that I had and the credits. All of that will have to be done when I reedit the video. That is going to take quite a long time but it’s worth the better footage. All of this helped to make the video much more professional. I’m surprised by how much it made the movie better. I also began watching the beginnings of horror movies for some inspiration before I took the reshoots. This made it easier for me to get an idea on what shots caused what reactions and so forth. This really added to the genre of my movie because it was slightly lacking the terrifying feeling. This will add to the suspense as well which is perfect. It will be able to hook cambridge more and I will probably get a better score because of it. I am glad that reshooting is over and all that’s left is the reediting! I’m going to do that tomorrow because i’m pretty burnt out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment