Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog (3rd edit)

After I was done shooting my film, I began to edit. All I had to do was put the videos together and then shorten them. This took some time because of the immense amount of footage that I had on my phone. Eventually I was able to clip everything to the length it had to be to make it 2:00 minutes. After I put all the videos together, I realized that I had way too much footage for the video. It had almost 4 min of footage, so I had to start cutting some off and deleting some unnecessary clips. After I was done with this, it was time to add the music and titles. This was a little difficult because of the selective options. I eventually found a title that could fit in every clip just right. Then I began to write every single title for the characters, director, etc.

When I was doing the titles, I wasn’t able to change the color of them. This slightly disappointed me because some of my backgrounds were too light and the titles would blend in. But I ended up figuring out how to make them pop enough to read. When i’m revising my video, I will most likely re-edit everything on my computer so i’m able to apply more changes to it. After I finished with the titles, I began working on the music in the background. I had to put an energetic sound in the beginning, where it showed my production names etc. But then because it was a horror movie I had to add in a creepy dramatic background music. This was easy to do as i simply recorded it on imovie off my phone and it was easy to hear but not too overpowering. It ended up being a pretty good video in my opinion. I will need revisions but that will be done in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment