Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog (Or not...)

          For this blog, I was supposed to begin filming the first 2 min of the movie project. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this by Thursday. Almost everyday there has been an obstacle blocking us from filming. For instance, me and my sister go to my mom's school after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My film in the beginning needs to be with light outside, and having it be dark when I get home everyday isn't practical. On Monday and Wednesday we drove people home after school that live near Davie and I live near lighthouse point so that wasn't practical either. Then after dropping them, my sister and I would be starving so we would get food after. This took up all of our week time to do any filming, and the past weekend was a whole other story. Even though I could film the middle of the movie first, I cannot do that. My perfectionist mind has to have every video in order when I film or else it would make it way to difficult to edit and put them all together.

          Because I wasn't able to film yet this week, it will make this weekend more of a struggle. I will have to do twice the amount of filming that I prepared for. It will be difficult to get my sister to cooperate because she always goes out on the weekend. She is my main actor so I need her home in order to film. This will most likely make it so I film on Sunday, the night neither of us can go out because its a school night. Then I will have enough time to begin filming. I felt like it would take a long time to film the first two minutes but after thinking about it, the music video we did was about 1 minute and I had a lot of extra footage I could have put in. That whole video was able to be filmed completely in 2 days. So according to my calculations because this movie is 2 min then it should take 4 days at most to complete all filming. After that, I will put the videos together and clip them to see if we need any more or less footage.

         Because the project needs to be finished by the 3rd of March, I will have to finish filming in the next two weekends. This is perfect because I have 4 days which is what I need on weekends, and then any touch up videos can be taken during the week. The music video was slightly more rushed and for this project I am trying to be organized. Because of this, I am setting a specific day for my sister and I to complete most of the filming we did. I will make sure the weather outside is good, and hopefully there is a cool sunset I can add into the movie. Those shots are always nice and set a good mood. That will make me scaring the audience even better because they wouldn't expect it coming. I have recently thought about the type of music I will edit it in. In the beginning I am going to do a hype energetic sound to show my productions. Then it will change to a high pitched eerie sound when I present the movie title. I really think this movie is going to be good. I just have to get all the props to be able to do it correctly. This consists of things like fake blood, eye makeup, etc. I will need these to create fake injuries on the victim (Kelly). I am ready to begin filming this weekend and surprisingly a little excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment