Friday, January 17, 2020

The chosen one

After making my three pitches, I decided to narrow it down my favorite two that would be the best to film for my project. These two pitches were the one where the girl does everything a normal character wouldn’t, such as go towards the noise, or open the closet, and still ends up dying. The second is the one where there are crazy voices in a girls head making her go crazy and do wild things to herself and her family. These two are going to be deeply terrifying, although I probably know which one I am most likely going to choose to do.

My pitch about the character being smart in a movie and still dying would be very captivating even in the first two minutes of the movie. It is a really horrifying thing because usually when watching a horror film people think to themselves “oh i’d be able to survive, I wouldn’t be this dumb if this was happening to me”. If I were to make the film like a character sprinting as fast as they can without falling and still being caught, jumping fences and still being caught. Staying away from the closet and just having the “creature” still come to you. This would mean there is no escaping the horrific things in life, which would really mes with someone’s head.

My second pitch about the girl who has creepy voices in her head would be terrifying, but it would also be much harder to do and there would have to be a lot of voiceovers and props to make the perfect film. However, since it is only two minutes, I could probably make the video have a really suspenseful ending. I would have to think about what the creepy voices would say too, because that might freak myself out to be honest.

After thinking more deeply about how I would film and edit my two favorite pitches, I would have to go with my first pitch. The character making every smart choice and still ending up stuck in a bad situation would be a horrifying film that I have never seen in any movie. Usually characters go towards a noise, open a closet, trip over a branch while running from their predator. But my character will stay safe, run fast, and still have the same fate. This will be a new and truly terrifying film for cambridge and i’m actually excited to begin creating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment