Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting a final task

I am excited for this final task because I actually enjoy filming and making videos. For this assignment, I will no longer be working with my group. This is because I don't want to end up doing the whole project by myself plus I am kind of controlling and I like the video to be perfectly how I want it. I also feel like this will make it easier to complete because I won't have to meet up with other people and agree on ideas, I can just choose what I want and then make it happen. I am going to be doing a horror, however I am not trying to be a typical horror. I want to introduce some new ideas to the horror films. I am very ready to get started on this project. I might base some of my ideas off of creepy dreams iv'e had, or just putting together a trippy unusual captivating film. I already have a few good ideas but I think I have already decided on the idea that I am going to go with. It's an idea for a horror film that I have had before I even took this class, a truly terrifying one.

I have learned a lot that I am ready to put into the new film I am making. Most of these newly learned skills cam from making the last project; the music video. I learned how to film, the errors I made, how to do better, and how to edit. Some of these errors were things such as seeing the camera shadow or my own shadow while filming other people. This just makes the film look more cheesy and unprofessional. I will also work to keep the camera steady as possible, because a shaky camera doesn't portray a good video. I also will film every video as landscape instead of portrait because it always turns out much better that way once you begin to edit. I am ready to put my skills to the test to create the best film I have ever created. Coming up with a story line to follow throughout the video might be slightly challenging. However, I am prepared to overcome these challenges to make a scholar video. It is going to be VERY scary, trust me.

A pitch is a hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. It is usually said with one sentence, sometimes two if there is an add-on suspenseful statement said at the end.. My three pitches are:
- A regular teen girl starts having inner voices in her head making her do wild things which eventually leads to disaster all around...
- A girl is in a regular horrific movie with unusual noises, she does everything the opposite way of regular characters and still ends up dead...
- A girl who lives home alone with her dog can’t leave the house, is she does the outside-creatures will get to her...

No comments:

Post a Comment